Integrated design for Localized Abundance and Circular Economies and Global Assembly of Indigenous and Autonomous community-states.
LACE-GAIA Model is an integrated design for Localized Abundance and Circular Economies and a newly constituted Global Assembly of Indigenous and Autonomous community-states. The pivotal principle is to move away from Car Culture towards Cycling Culture by restricting motor vehicles to Right-Of-Way Motoring Tracks and to prioritize people-friendly transportation on public roads that free up “locked” land, water, time, and other critical resources at local and global levels. This creates localized abundance in most to all their daily needs such as food, water, education, healthcare, workplace, culture, sports in a circular economy. Salient features are:
– Create carbon sinks with a time-bound target in every locality.
– Convert lawns and ornamental gardens to make way for vegetables, fruits, shade trees, and indigenous livestock farms
– Harvest rainwater, restore its natural waterways and eliminate, reuse, recondition, repair, recycle and upcycle all its waste
– STOP stealing water from elsewhere and reduce its dependencies in a phased but time-bound manner
– Create localized provisions for classrooms, workplaces, healthcare, and marketplaces
LACE is an amalgamation of two diverse, synergistic and symbiotic approaches – New Urbanism and Indigenous town and country planning. GAIA will focus on leveraging traditional knowledge systems for accelerated achievement of Sustainable Development Goals, Smart neighborhoods, and Universal Livelihood Security based on social and individual needs and aspirations and their unique strengths and capabilities. GAIA is proposed as a much-needed truly democratic world body with a global mandate to coordinate monitor and facilitate localized implementation by 2030.