The following describes the terms and conditions applicable to the use of the website for the WDCD No Waste Challenge 2021 with the following url: http://nowaste.whatdesigncando.com (hereinafter the “Site.”).
By using the Site we mean: entering the Site, logging into the Site, uploading, downloading and publishing content and / or contributions and / or (personal) data to the Site and any other usage made of the Site.
By using this Site, you agree to enter into a legally binding contract and / or legal commitment with Stichting What Design Can Do (hereinafter WDCD) based on the following Terms and Conditions. If you register as a user, access or use this Site you acknowledge, accept and confirm that you have had the possibility to read, have read and understand the Terms and Conditions, the fact that the Terms and Conditions apply to your relation with WDCD and you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions as well as any additional specific rules or agreements that apply to The WDCD No Waste Challenge. By registering as a user, accessing or using this Site, you are also confirming that you have legal authority to accept the terms on behalf of yourself and any additional party that has access or uses your Login details. WDCD reserves the right to change any provisions of these Terms and Conditions, and any other terms, policy or guideline governing your use of the site, at any time in its sole discretion. Such changes will be effective upon posting such revisions on the site, and you waive any right to receive specific notice of such changes. You should frequently review these Terms and Conditions and any other applicable rules, policies or guidelines on the Site.
WDCD No Waste Challenge
WDCD maintains this Site as a platform for collaboration and a repository for innovative thoughts and ideas shared with WDCD staff, partners, stakeholders and persons of concern to WDCD. On this Site, WDCD shall post research, design briefs and design opportunities of some of the most pressing challenges we face around the world.
WDCD offers design briefs, research and images of the challenge that are open to read and download for personal, non- commercial use by anyone visiting the Site.
The Site then invites users with innovative ideas to participate and collaborate in seeking solutions to the Challenge(s).
Any person that registers a profile on the Site will be listed as a user. WDCD will grant users permission to log into the Site and contribute to the no waste challenge, by uploading their project submission with materials such as data files, written text, photographs, videos or other images (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Contribution(s)”). Users can upload their contributions and decide either to have their contribution published on the Site or decide to keep the contribution private, where only the Site’s moderators and selection committee members will have access to the contribution. Once a project moves into the next phase of the challenge: ‘nominations’, WDCD will update the terms and conditions and automatically publish all nominated projects.
1. This site allows you to submit, post, and share information and materials (hereinafter to be referred to as “Contribution”) with WDCD and other users on the platform. You must be a registered user to submit any contributions to the site.
3. By registering an account you give WDCD permission to send general mailings, specific information to participate and reminders concerning the No Waste Challenge.
4. By submitting a contribution to the WDCD No Waste Challenge, you automatically
(a) grant permission for your Contribution to be posted by WDCD on this Site as well as other related WDCD websites and social media pages and on other materials, unless stated otherwise;
(b) grant to WDCD, IKEA Foundation, Impact Hub Amsterdam and the Challenge Development Partners as listed on the partner page at the WDCD No Waste Challenge website, an unlimited, perpetual, irrevocable, assignable, royalty-free license to repost and publish your contribution, in whole or in part, in any manner and in any media throughout the world, without compensation, notification, or permission to/from you or any third party;
(c) represent that you are the owner and or maker/author of the Contribution or, in instances where you have used someone’s concept, that you are entitled and authorised to submit the Contribution and that you have attributed the work or credited it in the manner specified by its author or licensor.
5. You understand that WDCD, IKEA Foundation, Impact Hub Amsterdam and the Challenge Development Partners have no obligation, either express or implied, to develop or use your contribution and that, unless expressly agreed in writing, no compensation is due to you or anyone else for any inadvertent or intentional use of that Contribution, related Contributions or accepts no obligations regarding the use of any Contribution.
6. You acknowledge that WDCD, IKEA Foundation and Impact Hub Amsterdam directly or indirectly, may be working on a contribution similar to your Contribution, or already knows of such contribution from other sources. You also understand and acknowledge that other users may be working on the same or a similar contribution and you will not object to that.
7. You are responsible and liable for any aspect of your Contribution and agree to defend WDCD option and at your sole expense, indemnify and hold WDCD and any Challenge User concerned harmless from any damages, losses, costs, or expenses, including attorneys’ fees, which WDCD and any challenge user may incur as a result of your contribution.
8. You hereby irrevocably release forever discharge WDCD, IKEA Foundation and Impact Hub Amsterdam from any and all actions, causes of actions, claims, damages, liabilities and demands, whether absolute or contingent and of any nature whatsoever, which you now have or hereafter may have against WDCD, IKEA Foundation, Impact Hub Amsterdam and other users or their respective successors and assigns with respect to your contribution, including without limitation in respect to how WDCD or another user directly or indirectly uses your contribution.
9. If you are using the Site on a public computer or device, someone else’s computer or device or are otherwise using a computer or device to which multiple people potentially have access, you agree to follow good practice and ensure that you are sufficiently disconnected and logged off this site and the computer system you are using to prevent posting of unauthorized contributions and unauthorized usage of Contributions.
10. WDCD retains the right to review, edit or delete from the site any contribution that WDCD at its sole discretion considers illegal, offensive or otherwise inappropriate or contrary to the terms set out in the user conduct below.
11. Ideas and Contributions submitted on the Site, remain the intellectual property of the contributor as a participant of the WDCD No Waste Challenge.
12. Users are entitled to all intellectual property and other proprietary rights regarding their Contributions and any other work or product that derives from the contribution including, but not limited to, patents, copyrights and trademarks, regarding products, processes, inventions, ideas, know-how, documents or other materials, with which you have developed as a result of participating in the WDCD No Waste Challenge.
1. If you use the Site you shall not:
1.1. Post, use or transmit information or materials that you do not have the right to post or use, for example, under intellectual property, confidentiality, privacy or other applicable laws;
1.2. Post, use or submit any confidential or proprietary information or materials otherwise subject to restrictions in use.
1.3. Post or transmit information or materials that are harmful, offensive, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, hateful or otherwise discriminatory, false and misleading, incites an illegal act, or are otherwise in breach of your obligations to any person or contrary to any applicable laws and regulations;
1.4. Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
1.5. Post, use or transmit information or materials that contain software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or otherwise interfere with or disrupt the Site or servers or networks connected to the Site, or that disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
1.6. Intimidate or harass another person or party;
1.7. Use or attempt to use someone else’s account, service, or personal information;
1.8. Delete any other user’s attributions, legal notices of proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded;
1.9. Falsify the origin or source or other material contained in the file that is uploaded.
2. As part of the registration process, you will be asked to create a password and a login name. You agree and guarantee that your registration information correctly represents your qualifications, status, and your real name and contact details. You are not allowed to use a login name of another person. You are not allowed to disclose or share your password with any third parties or use your password for any unauthorized purposes.
3. This site may contain communication boards or other message or communication facilities (collectively “WDCD Challenge Platform(s)”). As a user, you agree to use the WDCD Challenge Platform only to submit ideas and messages that are true, proper and related to the particular subject-matter addressed in the context of a specific challenge.
WDCD does not wish to receive through this site any confidential or proprietary information or materials otherwise subject to usage restrictions. If you decide to publish your contribution you understand and accept that all your Contributions, as well as your username and user photo, will be displayed and published publicly and will not be confidential. Furthermore, you acknowledge that all Challenge Forums and discussion groups are public and not for private platforms of communication.
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer
Unless expressed otherwise, the statements covered in the contributions on the site are those of the various WDCD, IKEA Foundation, Impact Hub Amsterdam, staff members, consultants, advisers, stakeholders, persons of concern, and partners who contributed to the work, and do not necessarily represent the views of the, WDCD, IKEA Foundation, Impact Hub Amsterdam. You understand that all Contributions that are published on the Site and to which you may have access to as part of, or through your use of, the Site are the sole responsibility of the user from which such contributions originate. This includes assertions that users may make, expressly or impliedly, about the content, provenance and ownership of Contributions that he/she submits, supplies, uploads and/or links to the site.
You acknowledge and accept that Contributions, including postings, conferences, messages and other communications by users, are not endorsed by WDCD, and that such contributions shall not be considered to have been reviewed, screened or approved by WDCD, IKEA Foundation, Impact Hub Amsterdam. WDCD, IKEA Foundation, Impact Hub Amsterdam do not represent or endorse any statement or other information displayed through or on the Site by any user. You acknowledge and accept that any reliance upon any such statement shall be at your own risk. Under no circumstance shall WDCD, IKEA Foundation, Impact Hub Amsterdam be liable for any loss, direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered that is claimed to have resulted from the use of this Site, including, without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, or delay with respect thereto.
This Site may also contain links and references to third-party websites. The linked sites are not under the control of WDCD, IKEA Foundation, Impact Hub Amsterdam, are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. WDCD provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply the endorsement of the linked site by WDCD.
Termination of this Agreement
These Terms and Conditions and any additional terms will continue to apply until the agreement or relation had been terminated by either you or the WDCD team as set out below:
1. WDCD may at any time: (a) modify, suspend or terminate the operation of or access to this Site, or any portion of the Site for any reason; (b) modify or change the Site, or any portion of the Site or related services, and any terms, conditions, additional terms and other policies governing the use of the site or services, for any reason; (c) interrupt the operation of the site, or any portion thereof, for any reason, all as WDCD deems appropriate in its sole discretion; (d) delete or remove your Contribution upon its own discretion.
2. Your access to, and use of, the site may be terminated by you or by WDCD at any time and for any reason.
3. The disclaimer of warranties, the limitation of liability provision shall survive any termination. The license granted mentioned herein shall continue in effect upon termination of this agreement.